- If you relax your hair, you want to be Caucasian
- Nappy hair is “bad hair”
- Black women can not grow long hair
- Natural hair is unattractive
- Dreadlocks are dirty
- You’re a Nubian Queen if you wear braids
- Men who wear braids are thugs
- If you wear weave or wigs you hate your hair
- Natural hair is not professional
- Natural hair is not manageable
“Let’s come together and change the perceptions and misconception society has about black hair.”
- Let’s educate ourselves and our children on how to properly take care of and maintain healthy hair, whether relaxed or natural.
- Let’s throw out the term “Good hair” so our kids will not grow up with underlining hatred and insecurities about their hair.
- Let’s embrace the right to wear your hair relaxed, natural, braided, dreaded, with hair extensions, or wigs, etc.
- This is not just about hair. It is about a more rooted issue that affects our job status, relationships, and self-worth.
- Education is key! Let’s make a change in society views: Black hair is beautiful in any texture, whether relaxed or natural it’s still thirsty roots!