If you want to be in the know for 2010 black hair trends and beyond, then check out these hot black hairstyles. These 10 black hairstyle categories display funky, freeform, and edgy hair looks and trends. Black women are expressing themselves more with artistic and creative hairstyling options for the masses to see.
Shaved Funky Haircuts
1. We have the shaved head with funky cuts that resemble the Rihanna mohawk rendition and the Cassie half shaved one sided rock star look.
Two Toned Hair Color
2. You will also see more hair color two tone creations. Eva Pigford, Keri Hilson, Monica, and Rihanna rocked many over the years and women are embracing the styling more because of it.
Layered Sassy Haircuts
3. Asymmetrical bangs and layered haircuts are still hot, they are just getting shorter. Halle Berry, Janet Jackson, and Regina King have been seen wearing their hair short and cropped in sassy layers looking very cute. Also, celebs like Raven Symone is keeping extreme angles and freely chopped blunt edges in style. Props to these women that kill the styles too.
Braids, Plaits, And Cornrows
4. Look out for the addition of braids and plaits. Whether its the fish bone plait or the costume designed side braid or centered long choice these women are rocking this style. Braided hairstyles are back as a street edgy styling or a relaxed elegant coiffure.
Big Bold Natural Hair
5. Big curly or wavy natural hair is on the rise. Because black natural hair is becoming more and more popular, you can even see celebrity black women trying wash and go styles or tossing up wigs when up to it. Stars such as Leela James, Lisa Raye, and Corinne Bailey Rae are rocking their natural coils and curls big and bold too. These lovely ladies in the pictures above are not celebrities but that has nothing to do with how beautiful each ones hair is.
Shaved Short Kinky Curly Natural
6. Talking about natural hair, many black women are going back to their natural textures and going for the big chop. Amber Rose lead in wearing a short shaved hair and Solange Knowles followed. Chrisette Michele chose to “go natural” and you will see more women going down this journey. Wearing a shaved head or growing out, natural hair is becoming more popular. These are three great examples of what you are likely to see SOON!
Long Hair And Weaves
7. Long free flowing hair whether weaves, wigs, or real are the choice for those who do not opt for short and sassy. You will see this more and more towards fall and winter, especially up north. Women like Jennifer Hudson, Brandy, Nicki Minaj, and Gabrielle Union are heading this up but it could change. When you get this hair option correct it looks really good.
Shaved Cutout Designs
8. Look for not only shaved heads, but shaved with cutout designs like Keyshia Dior and Keyshia Cole showing up more.
Retro Classic Glamor
9. The vintage 1930’s, 1940’s, and 1950’s Hollywood hair is the new glamour if you are brave enough to pull it. From voluptuous waves to tight curls to Rockabilly pompadour and updos, you will see more and more of this on the red carpet toward the end of the 2012 and 2013 years. Stars like Rihanna, Janelle Monae and Shingai Shoniwa already launched and mastered this modern day retro style.