If you desire to have curl definition for 4b hair, there are a few tools and products you must acquire. First you must know that 4b texture definition is coarse and tightly coiled natural hair (based on Andre Walker’s Black Hair Types hair system). Below is a list of the items you will need to create defined curls:
- You can get a generic brand of this brush at your local beauty supply store.
- This can be of your discretion. Choose your favorite leave-in conditioning agent.
- Add water and a natural essential oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, etc. (optional) to spritz the hair wet while styling each section.
Eco Styler Gel
- This product line has a spread of gels, so choose the one that works for you.
- Just a little music to entertain you, defining curls can take as much as 3 hours depending on the length and thickness of your thirsty roots
Directions to defining your curls:
After shampooing and conditioning your hair, section of your hair in small 2 inch thin sections and make sure its soiled with water (use you spray bottle to wet sections that have already dried). Add a dime size amount of eco styler gel to the wet section of hair. Brush through the section with Denman brush to define your curls, then twirl strands of hair around your finger. Continue this process through your whole head section by section. Then you can either sit under a hood dryer or bonnet, or air dry until your hair is thoroughly and completely dry. These curls can last up to a week.
Category: Natural Hair Tips