Earlier this year a hair product company launched a $25 down program for weave financing. Yes, we are now living in the days where an African American woman can dive into financing weave to tack on debt for her hair.
How Many Bundles for Weave Financing?
The company is offering up to 5 bundles in their weave financing program. The actual installments range from 3, 6 or 12 month programs.
Affirm offers easy financing – without a catch. There are no gimmicks like deferred interest or hidden fees, so the total you see at checkout is always what you’ll actually pay.
Taking on debt or financing anything comes with responsibility. Many Americans struggle with finance and debts of credit cards, auto and home loans. There are times that these areas can cause major problems.
Is this a good or bad move for African American women who wear weave?
Top 6 Reasons Black Women Wear Weave
- Protective Styling – When you need to protect your thirsty roots from the elements.
- Self Esteem – I want longer, healthier hair. It makes me feel beautiful.
- Professional – When you need to have flawless hairstyles in front of clients at ALL times.
- Show Business – When media and fans make demands on your look 24-hours, 7 days a week.
- Diversity – For the options of switching up your look at the drop of a dime without altering YOUR hair
- Time Management – For the women who have MADD things to do on a daily basis and time is SUPER important.
Ladies, there is an option for financing weave hairstyles now. Is this something you are ready to support and take part of or is this something that is going to bring thousands of African American women down? We thought this would make a great discussion. Dive in and share your personal opinions or expert knowledge about this topic.
What are your thoughts???