Black hair art pictures are always something interesting to look at. Every artist has their own style and we celebrate each of their individual talents.
Being able to look at colorful paintings and drawings of natural hairstyles, afros, locs and curly hair is awesome.The amount of time and dedication it takes to produce work like this has to be respected.
Just selecting the pictures for this articles brought pure joy to our faces. Little girls hairstyles and strong black women are within the options.
Supporting Black Hair Art and Artists
Buying a piece of art from an African American is always good in our opinion. The community of black artist is already small so supporting them is a good idea. Their talent doesn’t stop at expressive hair pictures.
To be honest many of these paintings and drawings are not focused on hair at all. It’s only because Thirsty Roots is a black hair brand that we focused on the follicles…lol. Each one of these pieces of art is truly impressive. The woman with the Senegalese braided hairstyle is dope.
We found these images from various sources around the Internet and are happy to bring them forward for your viewing pleasure.
These artist deserve every bit of the recognition we all can give them. We have listed the names of the artsy crew when we could find them.
If you know of a painting or drawing that does not have the credit supplied please email us so they can receive full credit.
1. Big Curly Hair and Yellow Shirt
2. “Graffiti” by Frank Morrison from “Urban Mannerisms”
3. Ebony Brown Afro and Bubble Gum
4. Black Wonder Woman
5. ‘Fro and Butterflies
6. The Electric Lady
7. Black and White Afro
8. Atavi Deng
9. Fight the Power
10. Two Strand Twists and Red Comb
11. Large Curly Afro
12. Woman In the Red Dress
13. Curly Brown Afro and Green Dress
14. Beauty and Locs
15. Tiana from Disney
16. Blow Dry – Cutest Kidz Collection
17. Colored Pencil Afro
18. Ebony Bones
19. Red Lipstick Colored Pencil Drawing
20. Child from Africa Mursi Tribes
21. Desert Queen
23. Queen of the Beehive
24. Curly Girl with Highlights
25. Red Bikini Big ‘Fro
26. Women In Afros
27. Painted Erykah Badu
29. I Love Myself
30. White Dress Afro and Flower Headband
31. Big Hair and Freckles
32. Red Hair Sex Appeal
33. Dreamy Eyes in Yellow Shirt
34. Black Hairstyle Words in Art
35. Afro Ebony
36. Sexy Curly Red
37. Colorful Graffiti Girl
38. Long Artsy Twists
39. Makeup Flower Girl
40. Long Curly Girl Stretched
42. Gwada Girl
43. Shades and Bubble Gum ‘Fro
44. Brown Eyes and Lipstick
45. Artful Senegalese Twists
46. Pencil Drawing Black Hair
47. Natural Hair Selfie
48. Colored Hair and Roses
49. Black and White Cornrow Curly Puff
50. Full Figured Natural Woman
52. Niña de África (Natural Hair Twists Out)
54. Expressive Through Words and Hair
55. Legendary Icons Graphic Art
Thirsty Roots® Natural Hair Art Poster
“Black Queen Naturally Crowned – Born to Stand Out”