If you are looking to tame your frizzy hair and would like to use a curl definer for natural hair, the best thing to do is first understand your curl pattern. You can only define what you have and what your hair is made of naturally. That is why you will see that no one curly head has the same curls or curl definition. Although frizz is not your enemy, I know some times it gets in the way of certain looks and styles when trying to acheive curly wavy natural black hair .
To your favor, there are many products on the market now that create curl definition in the most frizziest hair. It is key to make sure if you want soft curls, stay away from products that is alcohol gel based. Look for natural ingredients such as flax seed and aloe vera gel. Also follow these steps below before using a curl definer:
- Start out with clean shampooed and condition hair.
- Make sure you use a leave-in conditioner to help moisturize and promote soft curls
- Detangle your hair soaking wet during the conditioning process
Finding the right curl definer for you may depend on your budget more so than your hair texture. Most curl defining products out there work on all hair textures and curl patterns. Below is a lists of popular products that brings out those natural curls:
- Miss Curly Pudding or Curly Meringue
- Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Curl Definer
- Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- Jane Carter Solution Curl Defining Cream
- Kinky Curly Knot Today or Curling Custard