Here is a few healthy black hair tips to promote growth and to keep your hair healthy from breakage and dullness. These tips are just a surface regimen since all black hair is not the same and each individual will have to find their own best fit. However, if you follow these basic hair care tips you can keep more hair own your head.
- Make sure you shampoo or cleanse your hair (weekly or bi-weekly) to keep build up of products weighing your hair down and making it dull and lifeless
- Condition weekly especially after shampooing.
- Use a hot oil treatment once a week or bi-weekly to moisturize and give more strength and body to your hair, also to help repair damaged and weak hair.
- Keep heat off your hair as long as possible. Wear protective styles such as braids, buns, and wigs to keep from using styling tools such as curling irons, flat irons, and blow dryers.
- If you see split ends, cut them so they do not run up the hair shaft and create serious breakage.
- Keep the ends of your hair moisturized and sealed with natural oils.
- Drink lots of water and eat a proper diet.