Outside of eating healthy and maintaining a hair regimen, there are vitamins that promote hair growth that can be taken in supplement form. You can also find these vitamin in various foods.
But a healthy diet and vitamin supplements alone is not the answer to longer healthier hair. To get the most out of vitamins, you have to maintain a solid hair care regimen that includes the right products and hair styles to prevent as much breakage. The less breakage you have the more hair length retention you will keep.
Here is a list of the 4 top vitamins that promote healthy hair and hair growth and also finger nails:
1. Vitamin B:
You will find these vitamins in many multivitamins supplements or you can take these supplements individually. Also foods such as beans, eggs, and berries include the following:
- Vitamin B Complex – all 8 vitamins in the B category
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) – Can be found in asparagus, crimini mushrooms, spinach, flaxseeds, tuna, green peas, and brussels sprouts
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – Can be found in crimini mushrooms, spinach, calf liver, summer squash, asparagus, chard, shiitake mushrooms, green beans, mustard greens, broccoli, collard greens, turnip greens, eggs, yogurt, cow’s milk
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin or Niacinamide) – Can be found in crimini mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, chicken, tuna, salmon, asparagus, calf liver, and turkey
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) – Can be found in crimini mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, grapefruit, bell peppers, and asparagus.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxamine) – Can be found in bell peppers, summer squash, turnip greens, shiitake mushrooms, and spinach
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) – Can be found in swiss chard, oats, brown rice, and sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) – Can be found in liver, dried herbs, sunflower seeds, dry roasted soybeans, spinach, turnip greens, collard greens, asparagus, beans, peanuts
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamins, Cyanocobalamin) – Can be found in liver, sardines, and salmon
- Choline – Can be found in soybeans, egg yolk, butter, peanuts, potatoes, cauliflower, lentils, oats, sesame seeds, and flax seeds
- PABA – Can be found in liver, kidney, brewer’s yeast, molasses, whole grains, mushrooms and spinach
2. Vitamin A:
Carrots and kale are good sources for vitamin A, which helps the immune system properly function.
3. Vitamin C:
You can find Vitamin C in oranges and berries and it helps blood circulation in the scalp and follicles.
4. Vitamin E:
Vitamin E can be found in nuts and it increase oxygen into the cells of body therefore helping circulation to the scalp.